Kyuden Grenoble
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cdiscount : -30€ dès 300€ d’achat sur une sélection Apple
Voir le deal

CE + IG2: Ornatov's Gobos 2009 World Championship winner

CE + IG2: Ornatov's Gobos 2009 World Championship winner Empty CE + IG2: Ornatov's Gobos 2009 World Championship winner

Message par Daigotsu Ishan Lun 17 Aoû 2009 - 9:32

By Andrew Ornatov

Fields of the Dead [lien]

Dynasty

1 Wisdom Gained

3 Shinomen Forest

3 Shinomen Marsh
3 Barley Farm
1 Travelling Peddler

3 Gutobo
3 Pokkupo
3 Pokku
3 Mokku
3 Shukku
3 Kobushi
2 Boshanai
1 Pokku XP

3 Taizo
3 Rasetsu
2 Gyoken

Fate

1 Ring of Void

3 Dangerous Recon
3 Insight
2 Discretionary Valor

3 Forewarning
2 Military Assessment

3 Flanked by Nightmares
3 Shameful tactics
3 Unfamiliar Ground
3 Final Duty
3 Rout
3 Ogre Savagery
3 Game of Sincerity
3 Settling the Homeless
2 Mountains of the Phoenix

Notable missing cards:

Sneak Attack. Many people play Reinforce, and I dislike playing 2 cards from my hand (Sneak + Action) to allow them to play their meta.

Non-ridiculous force pumps. Shameful is in, yes. But that's because it gives 9 force, at the minimum. Other force pumps are not as good since they don't let me win battles.

Outer Walls. Trading 1 dude for one fate card is good for me (Final Duty). Drawing Outer Walls mid-game is somewhat akin to not drawing at all.

Reinforce the Gates. The movement aspect is bad against good players, and cancelling Sneak/Naval is unnecessary most of the time.

Doomed Undertaking. Unfamiliar Ground and Mountains of the Phoenix are better terrains.

Honor meta. Unnecessary - the deck is good against honor as it is.

Notable cards present:

Wisdom Gained. Getting Void into play is more important than finding Gutobo.

8 Samurai. Playing Insight is important to getting Void into play.

Discretionary valour. Good to save Gutobo. Also bows Kuon when he duels you. (Hi, Salman).

Mountains of the Phoenix. Kills Kuon and Mantis dudes. It's nice against military decks.

Short report:

Rounds 1 - 7.

I bring a lot of goblins into play, and opponents can't deal with it.

Round 8.

Me and Greg Wong go to time, and roll a die. I lose the dieroll.

Top 16, Phoenix, Honor.

This deck is very good against honor, hard to deal with so many goblins.

Top 8, Spider, Big Oni.

Decks that rely on big units that become bowed by Unfamiliar have a tough time against goblins.

Top 4, Crab, Salman Barakat.

Salman was playing a Hero crab deck with Uniteds. All the games were very, very close.

1st game:

2nd turn Kuon made things tough, but between Unfamiliar, Discretionary Valor's Focus Effect, and some help with gobbos, Kuon hit the discard pile. I built up, and was able to punch through several large units that Salman had in play.

2nd game:

Second game I got blitzed - how embarassing. A Tetsua (that dude who's 8F by himself) with Armor of Ryu took a couple provinces, and then Kuon came to play, and it was all over from there. I need more practice playing quickly - I was trying to not hit time, and made very many mistakes because of it.

3rd game:

Salman tried to blitz again, but had to spend all his gold on turn 2 to buy attachments to create the mega-unit. After flanking the unit away, and Salman's production stunted, the goblins were able to overwhelm.

Top 2, Lion.

The lion deck was a swarm-type, zero-attachment deck. There's really not much to say about this match - the person who drew more relevant battle actions won. Shameful Tactics carried the day in games 1 and 3 for me.

Lemme know if you have any questions on the deck or whatnot.

~Andrew
Daigotsu Ishan
Daigotsu Ishan
Dark Admin

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/profile.php?id=143256

Revenir en haut Aller en bas